Last Updated: January 2021
Effective: January 2021
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND MAINTAIN ABOUT YOU
When you choose to play a game or claim an offer featured on the Site, you will be directed to a third party website where you can provide the information required to participate in the activity. XLMedia does not collect or receive the information you input on that gaming site. In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, data analytics providers, advertising networks, social networks, data brokers, or publicly available sources.
COOKIES AND WEB LOG INFORMATION
We automatically collect certain Personal Information that does not directly identify you when you use, access, or interact with our Site. This may include information such as your IP address and domain name, your Internet service provider, the date and time of your visit, your use of the Site during your current session and over time (including the pages you view and the files you download), the URLs from the websites you visit before and after navigating to the Site, your computer’s operating system and browser type, your software and hardware attributes (including device IDs such as IDFA and/or Advertising ID), and your general geographic location (e.g., your city, state, or metropolitan region). We use the following technologies to automatically collect Personal Information.
- Web log data.When you visit the Site, we automatically receive and record certain information from your computer (or other device) and your browser. To obtain such information, we may use web logs or applications that recognize your computer and gather information about its online activity.
- Web beacons. The Site or the emails that you receive from XLMedia may use an application known as a “web beacon” (also known as a “clear gif” or “pixel tag”). A web beacon is an electronic file that usually consists of a single-pixel image. It can be embedded in a web page or in an email to transmit information. For example, it may allow our email sender to determine whether a user has opened a particular email.
Third-party online tracking and behavioral advertising.
We also may partner with certain third parties to collect, analyze, and use some of the Personal Information described in this section. For example, we may allow third parties to set cookies or use web beacons or other tracking mechanisms (such as tags or scripts) on the Site or in email communications from us. This information may be used for a variety of purposes, including online behavioral advertising, as discussed below (see the section entitled “Third-Party Analytics and Advertising”).
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
XLMedia uses the information that we collect for a variety of purposes. If we have Personal Information about you, we may use it, for example
- to respond to your questions or requests concerning the Site or other services offered by us;
- to fulfill the terms of any agreement you have with us;
- to fulfill your requests;
- to send you information about our Site and other topics that are likely to be of interest to you, including surveys, newsletters, updates, or other communications;
- to deliver notifications and similar operational communications;
- to improve your user experience and the quality of our Site;
- to comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements; and
- to manage our business.
- counting and recognizing visitors to the Site and analyzing how visitors use the Site;
- improving the Site and enhancing users’ experiences with the Site;
- creating new products and services or improving our existing products and services;
- engaging in analytics or targeted advertising as described below in the “Third-Party Analytics and Advertising” section; and
- for any other business purpose permitted by law, including any purpose for which we use Personal Information.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We share your Personal Information with other parties for a variety of purposes, as described below.
We may also share your Personal Information with other service providers when necessary to fulfill your requests for services; to meet the terms of any agreement that you have with us or our partners; or to manage our business.
- to comply with applicable law or a court order, subpoena, or other legal process;
- to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our terms and conditions, or situations involving threats to our property or the property or physical safety of any person or third party;
- to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or
- to facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets.
THIRD-PARTY ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING
You may have certain rights and choices with relation to your personal data, as described below.
If you are located in the EEA or UK, you can make the following choices regarding your Personal Information:
Please address written requests and questions about your rights to Legal@XLMedia.com.
You can make the following choices regarding your Personal Information:
In some circumstances, you may designate an authorized agent to submit requests to exercise certain privacy rights on your behalf. We will require verification that you provided the authorized agent permission to make a request on your behalf. You must provide us with a copy of the signed permission you have given to the authorized agent to submit the request on your behalf and verify your own identity directly with us.
If you are an authorized agent submitting a request on behalf of an individual you must attach a copy of the following information to the request:
A completed Authorized Agent Designation Form indicating that you have authorization to act on the consumer’s behalf.
If you are a business, proof that you are registered with the Secretary of State to conduct business in California.
If we do not receive both pieces of information, the request will be denied.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we employ commercially reasonable physical, technical and administrative procedures to safeguard the Personal Information we collect online. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to the Site or to us, and you transmit such information at your own risk. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your Personal Information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
DATA RETENTION POLICY
We retain personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, or an individual requests that we delete information about them and we are required to comply with that request.
Content on this Site is directed at individuals over the age of 18 and is not directed at children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
XLMedia may make changes to the Site in the future and as a consequence will need to revise this Policy to reflect those changes. We will post all such changes on the Site, so you should review this page periodically. If we make a material change to the Policy, you will be provided with appropriate notice.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices please contact us at the appropriate address below. We will attempt to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information.
Courtyard Suite 21-25 Hart Street Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom, RG9 2AR
If you are not satisfied with our response, and are in the European Union, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.